DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
One of the largest AMCs in India, DSP has been helping investors make sound investment decisions responsibly and unemotionally for over 25 years. DSP is backed by the DSP Group, an almost 160-year-old Indian financial giant.
The family behind DSP has been very influential in the growth and professionalization of capital markets and the money management business in India over the last one-and-a-half centuries.
DSP Top 100 Equity Fund
The primary investment objective is to seek to generate long-term capital appreciation from a portfolio substantially constituted of equity and equity-related securities of large-cap companies.
- Top 100 Equity Fund invests in companies from among the top 100 in India- large, well-known leaders in their respective sectors.
- These companies have proven business models with solid track records of performance.
The portfolio holds significant exposure in large-cap stocks at 89.5%, and major sectoral exposure is to Banks, which account for more than 23% of the portfolio. The top five sectors hold more than 70% of the portfolio.
Top 5 Holdings
|ICICI Bank Limited||9.82|
|Axis Bank Limited||7.53|
|Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited||6.77|
|Power Grid Corporation of India Limited||5.03|
Source: DSP Mutual Fund
If you had invested 10,000 at the fund’s inception, it would now be valued at Rs 27,245.
Since its inception, the fund has generated a CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate) of 10.27%.
- Abhishek Singh has been managing this fund since June 2022 as a Co-Fund Manager. Abhishek has a total work experience of 11 years. Abhishek joined DSP investment managers in January 2021. His prior experience includes working in Kotak Mahindra Investments Limited and EdelCap Securities Limited. He has done B-Tech from IIT Kanpur and PGDM from IIM Lucknow
- Jay Kothari has been managing this fund since August 2018 as a Co-Fund Manager. Jay Kothari, Vice President & Product Strategist -Jay has been with DSP Investment Managers since May 2005 and has been with the Investment function since January 2011. Before joining DSPIM, Jay worked for Standard Chartered Bank for a year in the Priority Banking division. Jay completed his Bachelor of Management Studies (Finance & International Finance) from Mumbai University and an MBA in Finance from Mumbai University.
Who Should Invest in DSP Small Cap Fund?
Consider this fund if you –
- Are a first-timer or a relatively new equity market investor?
- Accept that equity investing means risk exposure.
- Have the patience & mental resilience to remain invested for a decade or more.
- Recognize market falls as good opportunities to invest more.
Why Invest in this Fund?
- Fund offers the potential to grow your wealth by owning a quality portfolio of businesses.
- It can help you beat the impact of rising prices over the long term.
- It can be a suitable choice for your portfolio.
- One should look at investing for at least five years or even more.
- Investment through Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) may help in tackling the volatility of the broader equity market.
The DSP Top 100 Equity Fund has a proven track record of more than 18 years, where it has delivered a CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate) of 10.27%.
It has underperformed the benchmark over the long term. Hence, investors need to remain invested longer in seeing the fund outperform the benchmark.
Thus, investors looking to invest in large-cap funds for at least five years to generate high returns can consider this fund.