Why you should hire a financial advisor? All you need to know
There are enormous options available when it comes to investing, right from mutual funds to cryptocurrency. But which investment avenue is suited for you is different from other people.
Your risk appetite is different, you have different cash flows, and you have your own financial goals. All these vary from individual to individual.
Some investment options will help you provide regular income, some will help in capital protection, and some will help you generate wealth.
Which one is the right choice for you, is the question? Financial instruments will provide you with returns, but you also need to evaluate their risk. A financial advisor will guide you through all this evaluation and help you make the right choice.
Who is a financial advisor?
A financial advisor provides consultation or guidance on how, where, and when to invest. They will help you with the financial plan, strategy, how to save tax, etc.
Why should you hire a financial advisor?
Now, you might think that why should you consider one, when there is plenty of knowledge available on the internet about investing because a financial advisor brings the right expertise in the financial market and the products available in the market.
Financial advisors have the right tools to evaluate different products based on certain conditions.
First, you need to ask these questions yourself:
- Do you have adequate financial market knowledge?
- Do you have expertise in financial products and instruments?
- Do you have enough time to track, manage, evaluate and rebalance your portfolio?
- Do you enjoy reading about finance topics like wealth management, derivatives, etc.?
- Do you have the skills to research and evaluate financial instruments?
If you have answers to the above questions, you don’t need a financial advisor. But, if you don’t have the answers to these questions, you need a financial advisor.
Read more: A parent checklist to send a child abroad
Benefits of having a financial advisor
- Financial expertise: A financial advisor undergo several training and certifications which help them gain knowledge about the financial world. So, having a financial advisor in your planning will help you build a portfolio for your needs and help you keep track of it.
- Budgeting: A financial advisor helps you to create a budget so that your unwanted expenses can be minimized and you can save for your financial freedom.
- Financial plan: A financial advisor will help you to create the right financial plan, which will help you to achieve your financial goal effectively and efficiently.
- Investment strategy: A financial advisor will not only build a financial plan for you but also help you create investment strategies that will help you choose the right investment option for your targets with the right amount to invest in.
- Regular monitoring: You might not have enough time to track your portfolio. Here comes the financial advisor to keep track of your portfolio. Regular portfolio monitoring is required so that the investment remains aligned with your financial goals.
- Rebalancing of the portfolio: The portfolio requires rebalancing from time to time or depending on market conditions. There are situations when the selected investment option might underperform or outperform the expected required rate of returns; then, a rebalancing might also be needed in such situations. A financial advisor will help you to make the right choice.
- Helps in tax savings: A financial advisor helps you consult or provide guidance on saving taxes by investing in different options.
Having a financial advisor in your financial journey could help to manage your finances properly with better investment strategies.