Quantum India ESG Equity Fund
Incorporated in the midst of the Global Financial Crisis, Quant Mutual Fund has been in existence for approximately two decades now.
The AMC offers a variety of mutual fund schemes, including equity funds, debt funds, and hybrid funds. Quantum Mutual Fund is known for its focus on active management and its commitment to providing investors with high-quality investment products.
Quantum India ESG Fund
The investment objective of the scheme is to achieve long-term capital appreciation by investing in shares of companies that meet Quantum’s Environment, Social, and Governance (ESG) criteria.
- The Quantum India ESG Equity Fund invests in companies that are focused on conserving the environment, positively impacting communities that they operate in, and conducting business ethically.
- These sustainable businesses are not only environmentally and socially responsible but also make great sense as investments as you look to build wealth over the long term.
- The fund invests after comprehensive research on Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG factors following the risk and liquidity controls on investing.
The portfolio is biased towards large-cap stocks, with 78% of the funds allocated to large-cap stocks, the remaining 19% and 3% to mid-cap and small-cap stocks respectively.
Top 5 Holdings for Quantum India ESG Equity Fund
|HDFC Bank Limited||8.21|
|TVS Motor Company Limited||4.35|
|Tata Communications Ltd||4.13|
|Tata Consultancy Services Ltd||3.95|
|The Indian Hotels Company Ltd||3.59|
Source: Quantum Mutual Fund
Performance for Quantum India ESG Equity Fund
|NIFTY100 ESG TRI||S&P BSE Sensex TRI|
|Period||Scheme (₹)||Benchmark||Additional Benchmark|
|Since Inception||17.24% ||15.81% ||15.65%|
|3 Years||22.52% ||20.82% ||22.38%|
|1 Year||15.69% ||13.53% ||20.70%|
Source: Quantum Mutual Fund
Since its inception, the fund has generated a CAGR (Compounded Annual Growth Rate) of 17.24%.
The scheme is co-managed by Mr. Chirag Mehta & Ms. Sneha Joshi.
- Mr. Chirag Mehta has more than 19 years of experience and has been managing this fund since July 2019.
- Ms. Sneha Joshi has more than 9 years of experience and has been managing this fund since July 2019.
Who Should Invest in Quantum India ESG Equity Fund?
The fund is suitable for investors who are seeking.
- Long-term capital appreciation.
- An investment opportunity that invests in shares of companies that meet Quantum’s Environment, Social, Governance (ESG) criteria.
Why Invest in this Fund?
- The fund offers a solution for investing in businesses where sustainable practices drive long-term performance.
- It invests after comprehensive research on Environmental, Social, and Governance or ESG factors.
- It provides exposure to good quality sustainable companies with low volatility and downside risk.
- It is a well-diversified portfolio that follows a disciplined investment process.
- It follows risk and liquidity controls on investing.
- One should look at investing for at least five years or even more.
- Investment through Systematic Investment Plan (SIP) may help in tackling the volatility of the broader equity market.
Quantum India ESG Equity Fund is an open-ended fund that allows investors to invest in equities following the ESG theme. The fund has outperformed its benchmark consistently.
However, the fund was launched approximately 3 years ago, so it will be important to monitor how the fund performs in the upcoming future.
Hence, investors who believe in the ESG theme of investing can consider this fund with a long-term time horizon.
This is not recommendation advice. All information in this blog is for educational purposes only.