What are short-term goals? Benefits of short-term goals
Individuals should be aware of “short-term goals” as they are valuable in achieving long-term ambitions and stability.
Short-term goals are referred to as productive and doable plans as their tenure is very short, and it is easy to achieve them. They act as a viable bridge between where an individual is and where they want to be.
- Definition of short-term goals?
- Importance of short-term goals
- How can you achieve short-term goals?
- Examples of short-term goals
Definition of short-term goals?
Short-term goals are plans or tasks that do not exceed more than one year. These are meant for the immediate future and help to focus on the plans that can accomplish eventual targets effectively.
Short-term goals are realistic, and the chance of goal achievement is also high.
Importance of short-term goals
1. Create effective strategies
The short-term goals help to create effective and SMART strategies that are specific, measurable, achievable, realistic, and time-bound.
Long-term plans are often vague with lots of loopholes, whereas short-term goals have to be crisp and clear because there is very little room for error.
2. Maintain focus
It is easy to maintain focus as the plan is realistic and doable. There is little scope for a detour and backtracking.
Hence the planners have to be always vigilant and keep their focus on the target.
3. Break up bigger goals
Keep in mind that short-term goals can facilitate the process of achieving long-term goals. Be clear and deliberate in your efforts and break the bigger long-term goals into several small-term goals.
This makes the path much easier and the target achievable.
4. Quick Feedback
The probability of getting clear and quick feedback on short-term goals is higher than the mid-term or long-term goals. Quick feedback is a blessing and acts as a motivational tool.
It helps to adjust the strategies according to the available response and align the tasks as per the bigger picture.
5. Avoid procrastination
Human beings are prone to procrastination, but setting short-term goals helps to avoid it easily. When the goals are precise and small, the goal-achieving path becomes bearable.
It also minimizes the chance of postponement and delay.
How can you achieve short-term goals?
1. Focus on one goal
Short-term goals require complete focus. Stay dedicated to your efforts and avoid multitasking. Complete one task and move to the next for better efficiency and productivity.
2. Find a buddy
Having a buddy or a cheering partner can be of immense help in motivating you to do better.
3. Eliminate distractions
Distractions can keep you away from your goals. Eliminate distractions and create a peaceful ambiance to help achieve short-term goals.
4. Find your motivation
Remember why you created these short-term goals and what you are trying to accomplish with them. This will motivate you to focus on your goals and stay on track.
5. Stick to your plan
Stick to your short-term goal plans to achieve them at all costs. As these are for a short duration, it is easy to maintain your focus and achieve them anyhow.
Examples of short-term goals
1. Business goals
- Minimizing overhead costs without an impact on business operations by reducing debts, becoming paperless, and using advanced technology.
- Improving team and business productivity. It will have a direct impact on financial statements.
- Adopting best practices for eliminating regular distractions at the workplace.
- Leveraging social media channels to engage the target audience.
- Improving customer service.
- Learning about market trends before the launch of a new product.
- Creating incentive programs to motivate employees.
2. Career goals
- Organizing a workstation to increase efficiency.
- Learning new skills.
- Getting certifications to boost your career path.
- Arriving at the office early to accomplish the given tasks on time.
- Attending networking events.
3. Study goals
- Get organized.
- Spending time in the library.
- Completing the assigned projects on time.
4. Personal goals
- An organized daily routine that aligns your work schedule with the tasks ahead.
- Keeping a daily journal for developing self-awareness.
- Practicing a daily ritual to develop a sense of togetherness in the family.
5. Financial goals
- Getting control over your finances.
- Eliminating financial debts, especially credit card debt.
- Minimizing the monthly expenses.
- Saving for your child’s school fees, laptop, or extra-curricular activity
- Creating multiple incomes and savings streams.
Take the help of the Edufund app to create financial goals and start investing. It offers access to 4000+ mutual funds, ETFs, US stocks, etc., which can help investors in achieving short-term goals.
By now, you must have understood the importance of short-term goals in life. These are day-to-day actions that are more satisfying and fulfilling.
Short-term goals are practical goals that are used as stepping stones to accomplish the bigger picture or the long-term goals.
Consult an expert advisor to get the right plan
- Table of Contents